Bowling Tournament Clubs of America
Virginia and North Carolina
1. The Bowling Tournament Clubs of America Bowling Association is an USBC Certified Tournament. All bowlers must have a current Sanction card.
2. Membership dues are $25.00 per year. Everyone’s membership is effective from the 1st day of January and runs through the Last day of December.
3. New bowlers who wish to join the BTCOA must bring average verification and present it at the time of entry. The Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse or re-rate all entrants. Failure to use the correct average shall disqualify the score if the Submitted average is lower than the correct average, thereby resulting in a lower classification or more handicaps. Prize winnings Shall be based on the submitted average if it is higher than the correct average. However, corrections in averages may be Permitted up to the completion of the first game of a series.
4. Non-members are eligible to bowl in all Singles and Doubles Tournaments by paying an extra $5.00 per squad. Non-members are not eligible to receive any bonus pins.
5. Entering average must be verified through an USBC sanctioned league. A tournament average will be a composite average for all your leagues, unless your current league average of 21 games or more is 10 pins higher. Any bowler with no yearbook average may use their highest league average of 21 games or more. Summer league averages and Junior league averages are acceptable. Any bowler who does not meet the above qualifications must bowl scratch.
6. Handicap for men and women will be 90% of 225. Maximum handicap in a Singles tournament is 75 pins plus bonus pins. Maximum handicap for 2 men in a Doubles tournament is 120 pins per game including bonus pins. Maximum handicap For 2 women, will be 140 including bonus pins. Maximum handicap for 1 man and 1 woman is 130 pins per game including bonus pins.
7. Bonus pins. A bowler’s handicap will increase by 1 pin for each tournament bowled where the bowler lost money including Progressive Jackpots. Maximum bonus pins are 12. A bowler’s handicap will decrease by the following scale for Tournaments bowled in which they show a profit including Progressive Jackpots.
8. Tournament Format:
· Singles – Bowlers will bowl 3 games across 6 lanes. Total pins with handicap and plus pins will determine winners. Bowlers may re-enter as often as they choose but may only cash once with the highest score. Prize money will be based on 1-7 ratios.
· Doubles – Bowlers will bowl 3 games across 6 lanes. Total pins and plus pins with handicap will determine winners. Bowlers may re-enter as often as they choose, but can only cash once with the same partner. Prize money will be based on no less than a 1-10 ratio.
· Marathons – Bowlers will bowl 8 games across 16 lanes. Total pins and plus pins with handicap will determine winners. Prize money will be Based on a 1-7 ratio.
9. Lane Assignment – The Tournament Director reserves the right to assign all lanes. A minimum of 2 bowlers and A maximum of 6 bowlers will be assigned to a pair of lanes.
10. Conduct – Any UNSPORTSMANLIKE conduct will not be permitted. Anyone violating this rule will be subject to A fine and/or suspension from this organization.
11. Deliberate Fouls – Any bowler who deliberately fouls will receive 0 for the entire frame and may be subject to a fine And/or suspension from the BTCOA.
12. If you are right handed you must bowl right handed always. Similarly, a left-handed bowler must bowl left handed at all times. Failure to comply with the rule will be disqualification of scores and possible fine and/or suspension from the BTCOA.
13. In the event of a mechanical breakdown or a long delay between games, the Tournament Director may allow the bowlers to throw 1 practice ball on the opposite lane from which they will start.
14. No one will be allowed to withdraw from the tournament without the consent of the Tournament Director. Anyone withdrawing from the tournament without permission will be subject to a fine and possible suspension.
15. Entry Fee
* Sin Singles - $35.00 per bowler ($18.00 prize fund and $17.00 lineage and tournament expense).
* Do Doubles - $70.00 per team ($36.00 prize fund and $34.00 lineage and tournament expense).
* 6-G 6 Game Marathon - ($70.00 per bowler ($40.00 prize fund and $30.00 lineage and tournament expense).
*· 8-G 8 Game Marathon - ($100.00 per bowler ($60.00 prize fund and $40.00 lineage and tournament expense)
* All prize money will be returned 100%.
16. All guaranteed prize lists will be paid except for the following. A premature termination of the Tournament brought about by war, national emergency, or emergency cause relating thereto or there from fire, natural disaster, or any other reason beyond the control of the Bowling Tournament Clubs of America Bowling Association shall cause, to the extent required thereby, all advertised prizes, guaranteed or otherwise, to be pro-rated in accordance with the number of entrants who have bowled in each of the respective events up to the time of such termination.
17. All participants must comply with USBC rule 319-E.
18. The USBC rulebook will govern all rules not covered in the above.
NOTE: THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR HAS THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR RE-RATE ANY BOWLER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
For More Information, Please Call
Director, Tommie Young (919) 929-9948
2017 Vegas Week Rules
Bowling Tournament Clubs OF AMERICA 2017 - Tournament Rules
1. Open to all bowlers who are USBC members and enjoy the sport of Amateur Tournament Bowling.
2. The Handicap will be based on 90% of 210. Bowlers will use their USBC Highest average for 2016-2017 Winter or Summer Season average of 21 games or more for this Tournament. NON Sanction bowlers may bowl in this tournament with proof of their league average.
3. All prize money will be returned 100%.
4. Tournaments will be paid on an l-for-8 basis.
5. There will be no semifinals Qualifying for this Tournament top scores only.
6. Late arrivals will receive "0" for all missed frames.
7. Plus pins will not be used or awarded during BTCOA WEEK.
8. All score sheets must be signed. Failure to do so will make scores subject to disqualification.
9. All bowling equipment used must meet USBC specifications. Equipment may be randomly checked by Tournament Director. Ball registration card must be on file in Tournament Ball Paddock before bowling.
10. BTCOA Dress Code applies. NO culottes, skorts, split skirts, hunting pants, army fatigues, jogging pants, sweat pants, hats or caps will be allowed. Bowlers may wear a shirt with their Bowling Club and their first and last names on the back. Sponsor’s name or design may appear on the front or back of the shirts.
11. All bowlers accessory items (rosin bags, etc.) must be kept behind the bowlers settee area at all times. No foreign substance, alcohol included, may be applied to ball surface once bowling begins.
12. In case of a tie, a last two frame roll-off will be held.
13. All bowlers must check in at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled starting time of squad.
14. No prize of $1,000.00 or more will be paid on-site until verification is completed. Prizes will be paid after the completion of each tournament. All prize funds will be paid out by July 20, 2017, at the end of BTCOA week.
15. BTCOA reserve the right to refuse any person's entry and to adjust any person's average at any
16. All rules not covered will be governed by BTCOA "Policies and Procedures" and USBC Tournament Rules. All decisions by the Tournament Director will be considered final.
17. Entrants who are not age 19 by July 1, 2017 are not eligible to compete.
18. After an entry has been received and the dates assigned by the Tournament Director are not refused before preparation of the schedule July 2, 2017, the entry fee cannot be refunded. It is the bowler’s responsibility to find a bowler to replace them for the entry fee.
19 BTCOA National entry may be transferred within 30 days of receipt with no processing fee charged. Entries received after June 3, 2017 has until July 1, 2017 to transfer with no fee. Otherwise, all transfers will be assessed a $25.00 processing fee.
20. BTCOA shall have the right to reassign participants if for any reason BTCOA week cannot be completed on all or some of the assigned lanes, or on the dates drawn. If by way of fire, weather, gas shortage, water damage, labor unrest, mechanical malfunctions, act of terrorism, acts of God, and etc., it becomes impossible to conduct BTCOA week as publicized, all unused portions of entry fee shall be returned.
21. Squads may be added or changed bases on lane availability.
For More Information, Please Call
Director, Tommie Young (919) 929-9948
The Tournament Source
| Centers and Leagues | International Bowling | Collegiate Bowling | Youth Bowling |
| Bowling Instruction | Pro Shops and Supplies | Bowling Software | Personal Home Pages |
| Northern Region | Northeast Region | Southern Region | Western Region | International |
| Bowling Links | Other Links | Home Page | Add URL |